Friday, February 8, 2008

A Fun "First"

Jeremy said from the beginning that he NEVER wanted me to have Olivia's hair cut...not trimmed, not snipped, no bangs, NOTHING! So, seeing that he was pretty opinionated on the subject and me being fine with whatever, I decided to wait until he came around. And he finally did. Only a couple days after receiving his "approval," I set out with Olivia to the local Great Clips just for a trim.



The ladies in the shop were all so sweet and made our first trip to the hairdresser a fun one. Olivia got lots of special attention as she was propped up on the seat,




...enjoyed a little snack while having her hair cut,


...and, upon completion, received a lollipop for her bravery and cooperation.



She even got a sweet hug from her barber before we left the store.


Olivia started out on a positive note but didn't end quite the same.










Perhaps it was because she knew that Mommy had spent too much money when she probably could have just done the job herself. Mommy plans to from now on.


Before...


After...



Proof for my Mom (Granna) that some hair was actually cut off in the process...




Aren't "firsts" fun?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Jason is the same way about Callie's hair! I can't quite figure out why he is so concerned about it. Last Friday I secretly took her to may hairstylist and got her some bangs. It is so cute and not in her face anymore. Daddy is still not sure how he feels about it.